Ticket #143 (closed defect: fixed)

Opened 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

Viewer gets mixed up between put_ComponentName and other calls

Reported by: michelpons Owned by: Michael Halloran
Priority: major Milestone: 2.2
Component: Viewer Version: 2.1
Keywords: put_ComponentName Cc: michaelhalloran

Description

I am using PRO/II 9.2 alpha. I enable logging on the CPP Ideal Thermo PPM and on the TEA PPM. Then I open a new case file in PRO/II 9.2, go to Input
Thermodynamic Data, select CAPE-OPEN, then CPP Ideal Thermo PPM and its nC6nC8 PP, then I quit the view \"SimSci - Thermodynamic Data\" by accepting through OK once the System CO01 is shown. I get back in the same view through Input
Thermodynamic Data and there I select the PP C1_C2 (EOS) from TEA PPM; It makes the CO02 System within PRO/II. I quit this view and then I simply exit from PRO/II. This gives the log file attached. Look at it within the viewer. Near the end the Viewer displays \"Property Package <Anonymous> : Call to put_ComponentName while, when expanding it, it shows \"getPhaseList returns\". When looking at the log file with NotePad it is then obvious that a getPhaseList call has been logged not a put_ComponentName call.

Attachments

proii_081812_154102.log (12.5 KB) - added by michelpons 9 years ago.
Log file obtained with COLTT 2.1 Build Aug 5, 2012
proii_090912_222131.zip (135.2 KB) - added by michelpons 9 years ago.
Zipped log file obtained with COLTT 2.1.1 Build Sep 9, 2012

Change History

Changed 9 years ago by michelpons

Log file obtained with COLTT 2.1 Build Aug 5, 2012

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by michaelhalloran

  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

COLTT was not handling () characters in an object name. This is fixed now and will be in the next build after 18 August 12.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by michelpons

  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Resolution fixed deleted

I don't think this is entirelu resolved. I am using ChemSep UO in PRO/II 9.2 alpha and the name given to the inlet Port makes the Viewer displays \"Call to Item\" for all requests on the Port. Hence the log is not read easily with the Viewer. Log file too heavy, to be passed by other ways as well as accompanying material.

Port <Feed1{split}_stage16> : Call to get_portType

get_portType returns:
CAPE_MATERIAL

Port <Feed1{split}_stage16> : Return from get_portType - Succeeded
Port <Feed1{split}_stage16> : Call to ICapeIdentification.get_ComponentName

get_ComponentName returns:
Feed1{split}_stage16

Port <Feed1{split}_stage16> : Return from ICapeIdentification.get_ComponentName - Succeeded

is not reported well in Viewer.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by michelpons

  • Version changed from Development to 2.1
  • Milestone changed from 2.1 to 2.2

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by michaelhalloran

  • Status changed from reopened to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

Fixed in builds after commit 245 (8th September 2012).

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by michelpons

  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Resolution fixed deleted

I don't think this is completely fixed. May be related to parsing of MO name. A created MO has a name with special characters and from there on the Viewer gets mixed up. See the log attached.

Changed 9 years ago by michelpons

Zipped log file obtained with COLTT 2.1.1 Build Sep 9, 2012

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by michaelhalloran

  • Status changed from reopened to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

Expect any character matching regular expression [
S ]+ in a name. Logs will still wrap names with < and > but these characters can also occur in names. Available in builds containing commit 247 which is a Viewer change only.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.